A Shocking Tale

July 2, 2021

I was setting up in the studio today and the mixer didn’t turn on.  I proceeded to do the thing that everybody does when something doesn’t turn on right away.  I jiggled the electrical chord.  I have no idea if the mixer finally turned on because I was too busy peeling my hand off the wall outlet.  I received a major shock and I am not talking about discovering a dirty little secret. I got a serious dose of the old 110 voltage.  This is not the first time I’ve drank from the electrical fountain.  I’ve got another shocking story involving my Aunt Ruth’s lamp but I guess that is a story for another time.  I’ve been shocked many times and its never been a big deal.  This time felt different.  My arm was tingly for several hours.  It felt like I was squeezing a tight fist as hard as I could squeeze even when I wasn’t.  After about 4 hours the feeling began to return and my elbow and shoulder regained function.  I have no idea what happened but it was a real jolt to my day.  I had a livestream show scheduled on Facebook. It had to be cancelled because I didn’t think my elbow would hold up.  This was disappointing and sparked a bit of general anxiety for me.  I hate to cancel a show.  These fireworks were all sizzle and no flash.  I hope this story hasn’t been too shocking. 

Subscribe


Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.