August 6, 2021
I have a song called River Jordan. It was originally on my Judgement project. For a while I have wanted to record a new arrangement of the song with a dirty slide banjo part. I recorded my dream banjo part on my busted banjo for the new project. All summer it sat waiting for some spit and polish. I dropped in some vocals last night. My phrasing on the chorus is completely different than how I always play the song. I tried over and over to make it work. I could fit all the words in but it just felt weird. I can’t change it without starting from scratch. I contemplated trying to force it but made an executive decision. We are scrapping it and moving on to something that doesn’t feel weird. I will record my dream arrangement some other time.